Joint Entrance Exam (Main) 2017 will be conducted by the JEE Apex Board on 02/04/2017 (Sunday) for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and Centrally Funded Technical Institutions. Some of the states like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system for admitting students to the institutions in these states. Candidates aspiring to join these institutes have to fill in the JEE (Main) -2017 application form online. The Syllabus of JEE (Main) Paper-1 consist of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry based on Class 12 syllabus. JEE (Main) Paper-2 syllabus will test the aptitude and drawing skills of the candidates.
Candidates seeking admission to undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad have to take JEE (Main), which is an an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced). You can check the Information related to JEE (Advanced) here.
JEE (MAIN) Application Form 2017
Students aspiring to apply JEE (Main) have to apply through online mode ONLY. The online application will be available from 01-Dec-2016 to 02-Jan-2017 in the official website www.jeemain.nic.in. The Last date for Online submission of applications is 02-Jan-2017 . Candidates are requested to download the information Brochure and read it carefully before submitting the Online application.
Since the candidates are required to fill the Application Form through online mode, in order to avoid session time out the following information may be kept ready:
- Photograph of Candidate in JPEG format (4KB to 100KB and 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Signature of Candidate in JPEG format (1KB to 30KB and 3.5cm x 1.5cm )
- Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment ID/Aadhaar Registration number
- Name of Father/Mother
- Name of the Candidate with correct spellings as per Aadhaar or other ID
- Date of birth as per Aadhaar or other ID
- Complete Postal Address with pin-code
- Name & Address of the School / College from where passed /appearing
- Mobile number (Own or Parents only)
- E-mail ID (Own or Parents only)
JEE (MAIN) EXAMINATION FEE 2017
The fee may be paid either by credit card/debit card/e-wallet (SBI Buddy/PayTM) or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank in cash. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card, the candidates will need to pay an additional processing charge as following:
- Credit Card:- 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card:- 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
- SBI Buddy:- Rs.20/- per transaction plus the service tax as applicable.
- PayTM:- 1.50% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
|Paper(s) Appearing||Pen and Paper Based Examination||Computer Based Examination Paper-1 only|
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN INDIA|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1 or Paper-2 only||1000 (Boys)|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 and Paper-2||1800 (Boys)|
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1 or Paper-2 only||2500 (Boys)|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 and Paper-2||3800 (Boys)|
| 3800 (Boys)|
Procedure for Filling the JEE (MAIN) 2017 Application Form
- Log on to the Official Website www.jeemain.nic.in
- Download the JEE (MAIN) 2017 Information Brochure and Replica of Application
- Read all the instructions carefully
- Check the Eligibility Criteria for JEE (MAIN) 2017
- Click the link “Apply for JEE(Main)-2017”
- Fill the Online Application Form, choose your Password and note down system generated Application Number.
- Go through the filled in application details and check for correctness
- Upload Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature
- Pay Examination Fee by debit/credit card or e-Challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank
- Selection of date/slot of Computer Based Examination of Paper – 1 (For Computer based Exam only)
- Take print out of Confirmation page(s) and keep it for future reference
IMPORTANT DATES FOR JEE (MAIN) 2017
|JEE (MAIN) Online registration||01-Dec-2016 to 02-Jan-2017|
|Last date for Online submission of JEE (Main) applications||02-Jan-2017|
|Availability of Admit Card for JEE (Main)||2nd week of March 2017 onwards|
|Dates of JEE (Main) for Pen and Paper Based examination||02-Apr-2017 (Sunday)|
|Date of JEE (Main) (Computer Based Examination)||08-Apr-2017 (Saturday) & 09-Apr-2017 (Sunday)|
|Display of Answer key and image of response (OMR) sheet||18 – 22 April 2017|
|Declaration of JEE (Main) Paper–1 Results||27-Apr-2017|
|Declaration of All India Rank JEE (Main) Paper||27-May-2017|
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Change of examination centre city and Language of Question Paper will not be entertained.
- Under no circumstances the allotted centre shall be changed by the Board.
- The name of the candidate and his/her parents name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examination
- No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s) of the application form online only, with valid reason(s), after one week of closing date.
- No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
- Fee remitted through Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft/ Pay Order/ Cheque/Cash, etc. would not be accepted in any case.
- Candidates must preserve the Admit Cards till the admission.
- Candidates must retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence.
- Candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their
own mobile number.