Eligibility conditions for opting physical education
The following category of students shall be permitted to opt for the Physical Education:
- Those granted permission to join the course should be medically fit to follow the Physical Education curriculum, theory and practical, prescribed by the Board.
- Those who have represented the school in the Inter School Sports and Games competitions in any
- The student should undergo the prescribed physical fitness test and secure a minimum of 40% score.
Conditions for granting affiliation to schools for offering physical education as an elective subject
Only those schools satisfying the following conditions will be permitted to offer Physical Education as a course of study at +2 stage as an elective subject:
- The school should have adequate open space to accommodate at least 200 M track and play fields for minimum three games/sports.
- The teacher handling the elective programme of Physical Education should hold a Master’s Degree in Physical Education.
- The school should provide adequate funds for Physical Education and Health Education for purchase of equipment, books on Physical Education and also for the maintenance of sports facilities.