This is a two-year syllabus for classes IX and X. The CBSE has prepared a package for this syllabus called Interact in English. It includes the following:
- Main Course Book
- Literature Reader
- Work Book
- Extended Reading Texts
Interact in English has been designed to develop the student’s communicative competence in English. Therefore, content selection is determined by the student’s present and future academic, social and professional needs.
The overall aims of the course are:
- to enable the learner to communicate effectively and appropriately in real-life situations.
- to use English effectively for study purposes across the curriculum.
- to develop and integrate the use of the four language skills, i.e., listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- to develop interest in and appreciation of literature.
- to revise and reinforce structures already learnt.