B.N.Y.S. (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences) is an undergraduate program in Indian Alternative Medicine, which covers the study of both Naturopathy Medicine and Therapeutic Yoga. Naturopathy is a system of treatment which recognizes the existence of the vital curative force within the body. It is a drug-less non-invasive rational and evidence based system of medicine imparting treatments with natural elements based on the Theory of vitality, theory of toxemia, theory of self healing capacity of the body and the principles of healthy living. It helps human system to remove the cause of disease by expelling the unwanted and unused matters from human body. Yoga is an ancient art, which combines physical exercises, mental (meditation), and breathing techniques for harmonizing the system of development for body, mind, and spirit.
Students who aspire to become a Doctor, but are not able to secure a M.B.B.S. seat would generally prefer B.D.S., B.H.M.S., B.A.M.S., B.U.M.S., B.S.M.S., or B.N.Y.S. The duration of B.N.Y.S. course in India is 5.5 years with 4.5 years of classroom study and ONE year compulsory internship. BNYS Medical Graduates are equivalent to MBBS medical graduate as a General Physician. On completion of the program, students are eligible to prefix “Dr.” before their name and to be called as a Doctor. BNYS course is governed by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM), which is the statutory apex body working under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH.
Eligibility for B.N.Y.S.
The minimum eligibility for securing admission to B.N.Y.S. program is clearing HSC(10+2) or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from a recognized board. According to the latest notification issued by Ministry of AYUSH, admission to BHMS, BAMS and BUMS will be based on NEET scores. Hence students should also clear NEET (UG) conducted by CBSE for admission to B.N.Y.S.
B.N.Y.S. Course Fee in India
The Course Fee for B.N.Y.S. vary with Institutions. The Fee in Central/State Govt. Funded Institutions are heavily subsidized and may cost you around Rs.5000 to Rs. 10,000 per Annum. The course fee in other institutions under All India Quota may cost you anywhere between Rs. 50,000 to Rs.2 lakhs annually. The course fee in Private Medical Colleges & Universities are not defined, it can be anywhere around Rs.1 to Rs.3 lakhs per Annum.
Top TEN Medical Colleges for B.N.Y.S.
- Govt. Nature Cure & Yoga College, Mysore
- Govt. Naturopathic Medical College, Hyderabad
- Govt. Naturopathy & Yoga Medical College, Chennai
- Maharishi Aurobindo Subharti College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science, Meerut
- Morarji Desai Institute of Naturopathy & Yoga, Vadodara
- Sant Hirdaram Medical Collage of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Bhopal
- Sivaraj Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College, Selam
- JSS Institute of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Coimbatore
- SVYASA College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Bangalore
- S.R.K. Medical College of Naturopathy & Yoga, Kanyakumarai
Syllabus / Subjects in B.N.Y.S.
The B.N.Y.S. program train students to acquire knowledge and skills for diagnosing and treating many diseases affecting Humans through Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- Philosophy & Practice of Yoga
- Human Anatomy I & II
- Human Physiology I & II
- Philosophy of Nature Cure I & II
- Yoga & Physical Culture I
- Pathology I & II
- Diagnostic Methods in Naturopathy
- Modern Diagnostic Methods
- Basic Pharmacology
- Yoga & Physical Culture II
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Community Medicine
- Psychology & Basic Psychiatry
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Massage, Chiropractic, Osteopathy & Aromatherapy
- Nutrition & Herbology
- Yoga Therapy
- Hydrotherapy & Clay Therapy
- Fasting & Diet Therapy
- Chromotherapy & Magnetotherapy
- Acupuncture, Acupressure & Reflexology
- Minor Surgery, First Aid & Emergency Medicine
- Medical Ethics & Hospital Management
Post Graduation after B.N.Y.S.
- M.D. in Naturopathy Medicine
- M.D. in Yoga & Rehabilitation
- M.Sc. in Yoga
- M.Sc. in Yoga and Management
- M.Sc. in Yoga Education
- M.A. in Yoga, Journalism and Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy
- MBA in Hospital Management
- MBA in Health Care Management
Career Options after B.N.Y.S.
- Start your own Clinic
- Lecturer in any Naturopathy College
- Government Naturopathy Doctor in Government hospital
- Naturopathy Doctor in Private hospital
- Hospital Management / Administration (After MBA in Hospital Management)
- Clinical Research field
- Medical Officer
- Medical consultant
- Fitness Training Centers
- Yoga Studios
- Spa Managers and Spa therapists
- Health Consultants